Birmingham, U.K., 4th August 2022:- Indian men team once again captured the Winners Team Trophy in the 2022 Commonwealth Games – Birmingham with the scintillating show during 22nd Commonwealth Games. Shri Sahdev Yadav, President, Indian Weightlifting Federation is very happy with the overall performance of athletes although there are some heart breaks for some athletes.
Detailed results are as under:-
|S.No.||Section||Name of athlete||Wt. Cat.||Snatch||C&J||Total||Place|
|1||Men||Sanket Sargar||55 kg||113||135||248||2|
|3||Men||Jeremy Lalrinnunga||67 kg||140||160||300||1|
|4||Men||Achinta Sheuli||73 kg||143||170||313||1|
|5||Men||Ajay Singh||81 kg||143||176||319||4|
|6||Men||Vikas Thakur||96 kg||155||191||346||2|
|7||Men||Lovepreet Singh||109 kg||163||192||355||3|
|8||Men||Gurdeep Singh||+109 kg||167||223||390||3|
|9||Women||S. Mirabai Chanu||49 kg||88||113||201||1|
|10||Women||S. Bindyarani Devi||55 kg||86||116||202||2|
|11||Women||Popy Hazarika||59 kg||81||102||183||7|
|12||Women||Harjinder Kaur||71 kg||93||119||212||3|
|13||Women||Punam Yadav||76 kg||98||—||—||—|
|14||Women||B.N. Usha||87 kg||95||110||205||6|
|15||Women||Purnima Pandey||+87 kg||103||125||228||6|
New Commonwealth Games records created by Indian athletes:-
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga – created 1 new CWG record in snatch with a lift of 140 kg.
- Achinta Sheuli – created 2 new CWG record in snatch with a lift of 143 kg and 313 kg in total.
- Mirabai Chanu – created 3 new CWG record in snatch, clean & jerk and total with a lift of 88 kg, 113 kg and 201 kg.
- Bindyarani Devi – created 1 new CWG record in clean & jerk with a lift of 116 kg.
New national records created by Indian athletes:-
- Bindyarani Devi, 55 kg women – new national record in clean & jerk – 116 kg and total – 202 kg.
- Lovepreet Singh, 109 kg men – new national record in snatch – 163 kg, two records in clean & jerk – 189 kg and 192 kg and two records in total – 352 kg and 355 kg.
- Gurdeep Singh, +109 kg men – new national record in clean & jerk with a lift of 223 kg.
Indian team overhauled its medal tally to 10 medals from 9 medals during 2018 Commonwealth Games-Gold Coast.
PRESIDENT – INDIAN WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION
VICE PRESIDENT – COMMONWEALTH WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION