Vision & Mission
Promotion of sport of weightlifting in India as a core sport & providing healthy competition, administrative and logistic environment in accordance with the International standards for athletes
- To adopt and formulate the relevant guidelines of Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- To promote, lead and govern the sport of weightlifting throughout India.
- To endorse the key values of the sport and the Olympic principles.
- To ensure competitions in the spirit of Fair Play.
- To provide equal conditions for different States, Units, individuals without distinctions for reasons of race, colour, gender, religion or politics.
- To fight against doping
- To supervise weightlifting events at Regional, Departmental & National arena.
- To register and govern the appointment of National & International Technical Officials / Referees.
- To educate athletes and officials